Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lots more pics of the invites!

Posted by tisha_ z7 OKC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 9:47

I am going to start mailing them today, so I took some pictures last night.

I wish the photos gave a better idea of the color. The paper goods, except the maps, are all printed on a really pretty lilac color, that's metallic, so it shimmers.

Here's everything.

InviteEverything1-1

Here's the front and back of the envelopes. I made the wrap around labels and the return address labels.

InviteFrontBack-1

InviteFront1-1

InviteBack1-1

This is the actual invite. I had a postcard that had that lovely little paisley flower corner pattern on it, so I scanned it and recolored it in Publisher, and used it on everything. I just love it. I think it's classy, but also is also a little bit whimsical, maybe?

InviteInvite2-1

We're not having children at the wedding, because of the location and the time of the ceremony and reception. So, I wanted to get that across without having to put it directly onto any of the info. So, my solution was to print the names of the people invited directly onto the RSVPs and to put the number of seats reserved for them. I am sure I'll still have to make some uncomfortable phone calls after we get the RSVPs back, but I figured this might help a little bit. Plus, I think it looks pretty. :-)

InviteRSVP

This is the worst picture in the bunch. I guess the flash didn't work for this one or something. Anyway, this is the photo sharing card. Since almost everyone has a digital camera or a camera phone these days, the "new" thing is to include these little info cards for people to share the pictures they take. I hope it works! I think it's a great idea!

InvitePhotoSharing-1

And this is the little map that I made. I think it gets the point across. At least, I hope it does.

InviteMap-1

And that's it. I need to find out what they weigh now, and go stick a few in the mail.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lots more pics of the invites!

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 18:23

Tisha, you used the correct word; "classy" describes your invitation packet very well.

I confess I didn't know what a "wrap around" label was, till I saw the picture. Were they hard to put on? Getting them evenly spaced from the bottom? It would have been time-consuming to measure each one, but for such an important occasion, worth it.

Thanks for sharing; I am vicariously enjoying all your preparations without having to do any of the work! :>)

o

Everything looks good to me. Soooooooo, when are you going to hit the commitment button?

o

All looks great and I wished I had your patience.

o

Very, very nice! I love the way you handled the age-old problem of an invited COUPLE bringing along all of their children, in-laws, and neighbors. Very classy.

o

Thanks everyone! People started getting them in the mail on Saturday. I hope to start getting RSVPs back this week! I'm excited.

mwheel, they weren't too hard to do. I cut them with a paper cutter, and really just eye-balled where to put them. I didn't measure or anything. I wouldn't have had the patience for that. lol

west gardener, what does "hit the commitment button" mean?

o

"And that's it. I need to find out what they weigh now, and go stick a few in the mail."

"hit the commitment button" Lol, I just meant, send the invites out, enjoy your wedding and move on to your marriage.

o

Looks beautiful! Congratulations...and don't forget to enjoy every moment. Kind of like watching a garden grow actually!

Here is a link that might be useful: EcoWedding.org

o

They are gorgeous! I love the graphic. Great job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here