Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've finished addressing the envelopes!

Posted by tisha_ z7 OKC (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 10:06

I've been working on the wedding invitations for the past week. Well, I've been working on them since October 2009, but I finally actually printed them and started putting the little info packets together last week.

Last night I finished addressing them. I still have 1 more insert to print and cut out, but then it'll just be a matter of getting them weighed, buying stamps, and handing them over to the USPS (scariest part!)

Anyway, I'm so proud of my wrap-around labels, that I just had to share.

Addressed Invite

Oh - also, the invite is sitting on the new cake plate for the wedding cake! My original one ended up being about 1/4 of an inch too small. My dad found this one in an antique/junk shop last week. YAY!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've finished addressing the envelopes!

I was so hoping there would be a picture, love, love, love the wrap around label. I'm so happy for you. This is so exciting! Go Dad! Are you nervous, excited, scared, all of it, yet?

o

Was just thinking about your up-coming wedding yesterday. Getting down to the wire now. Classy looking, Tish.

o

Very classy looking..as is everything you have done so far.

o

Very nice. You've done such a good job in planning this wedding.
As you said: "but then it'll just be a matter of getting them weighed, buying stamps, and handing them over to the USPS (scariest part!)"
Lol, that can sound scary, but I think you can handle it very well. Go for it with a smile.

o

Did you know (or maybe you have even mentioned it and I just forgot) you can order postal stamps with your own photographs on it?

o

Tish, have your sweetie e-mail me. I've got lot's of dandy ideas concerning marriage to share with him. Steve S.

o

Thanks everyone!

It's a little bit against etiquette to use labels on wedding invites, but I just didn't feel up to being let loose with a silver sharpie on these envelopes. LOL I also printed our return address labels and used a cute little scalloped paper punch for those. As soon as I get everything totally finished tonight, I'll take pics and post of EVERYTHING.

WRT the stamps. I DID know you could order custom stamps. But, since I don't yet know how much these invites will weigh, I am not going that route. I HOPE they don't weigh over the max for the 44 cent stamps, because I REALLY want to be able to use these.

Love Stamps

o

I hope the weight is right, no wonder you would like the stamps.
You have done such a good job with all your wedding preparations. If I would have had to do all that, I never would have gotten married.

o

Well, I do think that the fact we've been together for almost 11 years help. The girls who are getting married, buying a house, etc all for the first time, are the ones who I can't imagine how they do it all.

My whole year has been ONLY wedding. That's helped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here