Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earthquakes in So Cal

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 11:21

West gardener and Don, I hope that swarm did/does not bother you too much. Read that they are preferable, since they tend to difuse more powerful quakes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earthquakes in So Cal

The swarm was way south of me where I used to go sand buggy wheeling by Brawley and Glamis. They are at the south end of the Salton sea and very near the border, open country very sparsely populated. I did notice a 7.4 just off the coast of El Savador but found no reports of damage although there was a notice for tsunami watch. West is way north of me as I am just SE of LA in Orange county and she is just south of San Francisco.

o

We are fine. We were shopping most of the morning and did not feel a thing, the house was fine when we came came home. Thanks for asking.

o

Anneliese, we had a 4.1 the day before yesterday just 5 miles away in Yorba Linda in the exact spot a swarm hit two weeks ago. We felt a couple from that swarm and the one yesterday but they were only A ticket rides. Then the swarm in the desert by the border this week and the 7.4 mentioned above by El Salvador we did not feel. These are all following along the San Andreas fault and smaller related faults. The swarms are unusual and bring the count up. I have an app on my iGoogle page that shows all world quakes above 4.0 for the last week and it has gone from 65 quakes to 144 in the last two weeks. There was a 7.6 off shore in the Philippines today that prompted a tsunami watch and one dead from building collapse. It is interesting to keep track with the app at a glance as we live in an active area. I have noticed a tighter concentration of quakes along the coast of South, Central and moving into SoCal. recently but the ring of fire is also getting busier.

E ticket wiki

Here is a link that might be useful: Philippines 7.6 earthquake: One dead, tsunami alert lifted

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here