Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think it is funny

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 16, 11 at 13:43

but I'm sure I'll catch it for telling.

George came to me with a funny look and said in a low voice "I'm going to have to buy some new pants". I did notice he was having trouble buttoning the button his present ones.

The oncologist, the neurologist and the family doctor have been harping at him to gain weight and horrors of horrors and the very shame of it all, he can't get in his 32 inch waist pants. He acts a little ashamed and shocked.

I'm not going to mention what my waist is, after feeding him all that high csloric food for a year mine has expanded too although I've only eaten about half as much as he.

So he's out shopping for some new jeans and he is worried about getting in any suit for the upcoming wedding in 2 weeks.

Oh, I know I'll catch it when he reads this but I still think it is funny.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think it is funny

Oh, Leone, that is funny. I can just see him looking embarrassed when he reads this, but I am so very glad he did gain weight. Thirty two inches. Well, for the wedding he can always wear his new jeans with a suit jacket. Very hip. Grins.

o

That's the best excuse I've ever heard for gaining weight! Yay! :o)

Karen

o

I'd be laughing for joy too! So glad to hear about his "problem." Hope he gets comfortable in some 34"s and continues to be healthy. :-)

o

All that good food you all are growing and eating seems to work wonders for George. Glad you posted.

o

Congratulations! Glad to hear that George finally is gaining a few pounds.

o

Leone, maybe I could take a few cooking lessons from you.
Neil needs to gain weight, I would love to take him shopping for new jeans.

George, while you are out picking up those new jeans, buy a new suit and throw in a new tie. Celebrate you deserve it.

You are a treasure Leone.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 17, 11 at 8:51

It is wonderful that George has gained a bit of weight back. He will feel stronger for it.
Joann has the same problem, to get weight on Ron. It is particularly difficult for fellows who have always been physically active, so much muscle is lost.

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 17, 11 at 9:43

Im having the same problem with my DH. 6'5" and less than 150#. Drs said it would take a long time because he was all muscle mass before the transplant and muscle is the hardest to regain.

o

Well, I heard about it but I still think it is funny.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 17, 11 at 18:08

George, you're a good guy, too. A sense of humor will get us thru lots of things, don't you think? :>)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here