Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjmercer

Presenting the G in gandle!

mjmercer
11 years ago

Here's the photo I promised to send when the dust settled from my relocation.

Look everybody, it's George standing in front of the Pony Express Museum! Isn't he swell?

Karen

Comments (12)

• lindac
    11 years ago

Fabulous.....and surely we have met....many years ago when my teen aged children stopped to that museum!

So where's the le?

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Thanks for the picture. George, you look great. Now somebody has to visit there when Leone is on duty!

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Looking good, George - love your walking stick

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

mjmercer , thanks for the picture. I'm so glad you took the tine to stop by the museum and met G. You said said you are relocation to CA. Where in CA are you?
    The pic of George is great.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Karen, thanks for posting the picture; now can we have one of you?

George, you look great. That's a really cool walking stick, too. Did you carve it, by any chance?

• mjmercer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

westgardener, I'm staying temporarily in what I refer to as the Santa Rosa Outback. Totally beyond the edge of the city limits in the mountains, so far back I have no phone reception or internet connectivity. It totally, totally sux.

But when it gets to me I do one of two things: 1) Grab my labtop and my phone and lumber down the twisting, curving highway to my local Starbucks (a.k.a. My Office), or 2) I close my eyes and think back to the days when I could see Chicago's NBC Tower from my living room window. Ahhh civilization. You will be mine again someday soon. Or at least when my 3-month lease runs out.

Back to George for a minute. I have to say that meeting him was truly the highlight of my entire journey. I am SO glad I took the extra time to stop at the museum. George, you are one in a million and that's a very good thing indeed!

Karen

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

mjmercer, you are a pioneer woman. I know Santa Rosa, it is somewhat remote if you want a more metropolitan setting. But it does have beautiful scenery. Enjoy it while you are there, but when you are ready, work your way "south", where the action is.
    BTW, when our DD came back from getting her masters at University of Nebraska, she also landed in a small shack near Santa Rosa, she slowly worked her way to civilization.

It's doable.

• gandle
    11 years ago

No comment.

• gandle
    11 years ago

The above post is rude. I really did enjoy meeting Karen an hope she gets settled in her new area.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

I thought you were giggling when you said it. I took it as a teensy wee bit of teasing. Looking good you cheeky one!

• don_socal
    11 years ago

Thanks Karen for the photo. Good to see you George, looking good.

• mjmercer
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do you know what's so utterly amazing about this photo...aside from its subject? :o) All I did was put the camera up to my face and push the button. No focus, no nothin'. I didn't want to take too much of George's time and I also knew a bunch of "takes" wouldn't necessarily help because I ain't no photographer.

So given all of that, I'm quite impressed with myself and my basic little hot pink digital number. We did a pretty good job, if we do say so!

Karen

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions