Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Random thoughts as you work.....and a Chuckle

Posted by calliope 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 14:04

Do you find yourself letting your mind wander when in the midst of a routine chore. It's always been my way of staying enthused in periods of tedium. I was making bread just a bit ago and an old memory popped back into my head. I'm sure something tickled a brain cell but I can't think of what would make me think of this.

I was taking my mother for a podiastrist appointment in town. Parking was always scarce, and she was disabled to the point she could not walk far, so I was particularly tickled to find an empty parking spot directly in front of the doctor's office. The problem was, I was driving a Jeep Cherokee and the spot looked only slightly longer than the car. I ponied up to the side of the car in front, and the fates were with me as I slid backward into the hole, eased forward once, back once and turned off the ignition. I burst out laughing as I looked up to see two elderly codgers who were sitting on a park bench in front of the ofice then stand up at attention and begin applauding. I exited the car, bowed in appreciation and took my Mama inside.

Those elderly gentlmenh made my day. I can only imagine the conversation between them as placed myself in the position to parallel park and I suspect someone had to make good on a wager. I love those kind, human interactions. Made my day ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Random thoughts as you work.....and a Chuckle

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 14:14

Wherever your random thought came from, thanks for sharing it. Whenever I find myself thinking about something completely out of the loop, I try to follow my "train of thought" back to the beginning, but by then, the train has left the station --or I'm on the wrong track! :>)

I, too, enjoy kind, human interactions. It's good to know that lots of us have a sense of humor, don't you think?

o

calliope, I enjoyed your parking story.

o

What a lovely story!

Dorie

o

Great story Suzy. My mind does tend to wander over the past and remember different events. Fun. I'd love to have seen the guys applauding you. LOL.

o
thoughts of Dorie and Robert

I forgot to mention that it's so nice to see Dorie and Robert here. The first or one of the first Party love stories??

o

If I ever could find out how I got here from there! My train misses all the stations in-between.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here