Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Jasmine Rice

meldy_nva
13 years ago

Strangely enough, I grew up with rice on the menu. (Strange because parents were staunch gardeners and a wee pinched for money, so 97% of our meals were from the garden, cow shed or hen house.)

Over the years, my perception of rice changed, or maybe the rice itself differed. What was once a flavorful and aromatic adjunct served plain with a bit of butter, or tossed into the chicken soup, or used for rice pudding or quiche crust, rice became [to me] nothing more than tasteless. A blob of blah, grains of white with nothing to contribute to the dish. I really think it was my tastebuds... but a while back, DH brought home a bag of Jasmine Rice.

Oh wow! Cooking it, I was tossed back to the scents of childhood dinners. This actually *smelled* like rice, and tasting it, yes, it *tastes* like rice. Nothing fancy, it's just what I remember rice being. It has flavor, texture, and aroma that all say RICE.

If you have found yourself thinking rice is blah, try some Jasmine Rice and see if you too have a recovery of the taste buds.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions