Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Vacuuming \\thoughts//

meldy_nva
13 years ago

Vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning counters, sinks, and windows... I find those necessary and oft-repeated chores to be boring. To help pass the time while swooping and swishing, I mentally compose "letters to the editor" or to chairman of the company or research department or what/whoever. I rarely actually *write* any missives, but what better time to compose thoughts on:

* the similarity between oil drill rigs and pig farms, being smelly, NIMBY, ecologically tragic, and providing luxuries rather than necessities while being possessed of loudly verbal proponents whose arguments evidence un- or ill-education in basic ecologics.

* a particularly obnoxious and demeaning ad presented by a firm of doctors showing before and after photos of a woman (before frontage is size B, after size EE). I couldn't decide whether I was most offended by the "cosmetic" surgeries being presented as desirable, or the fact that some female had so little self-esteem as to accept those grotequeries.

* the eggs 'n salmonella cases, which hit the newspapers shortly after features more or less promoting raising chickens in the backyard.

And what do you think about while pushing the vacuum?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions