Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janis_g

Lord Luv A Duck!!

Janis_G
9 years ago

Sassi, my little black & white poodle baby had an appointment
yesterday afternoon with her Ophthalmologist in Atlanta.
I knew there was going to be T Storms and Rain but I've driven
through some pretty rough weather before so it was no big deal to me.

I had just set the cruise control on 75 and settled back when the bottom fell out of the sky. I turned off the cruise and clicked the wipers on super fast, slowed down, racked up my seat position, reassured Sassi that I had everything under control
and focused all my attention to arriving at my destination in one piece.

I was hoping to get inside without getting soaked or zapped with lightening. The rain and storm stopped just as I exited the interstate and things were looking up. I arrived with fifteen minutes to spare before our appointment time and we made it inside before the bottom dropped out again.
The Vet Tech came and took Sassi back to check her pressures and had just handed her back to me when all he!! broke loose. Torrential rain, lightening strikes so close I could almost feel my hair stand on end.

All of a sudden sirens, bells, and alarms started screeching.
"TORNADO WARNING!!!!" yelled the Vet Tech, hurry, hurry into the safe place! I hugged Sassi close and made a dash toward the door the tech was holding open. "Where is the safe place?"
I asked, my voice surprising me because it was rather calm
although at that moment I was feeling anything but calm.
" In the Kennel!" She led us to the kennel area where a man took charge and opened the kennel doors. Sassi and I were
directed into a kennel where a Big Black Lab stood wearing a
fashionable lampshade and a very quizzical look on his face.
"duck and cover" the man directed and down went the Lab, vet
tech, Sassi and of course yours truly.

The storm raged on for several minutes and then, silence, no
more sirens, nothing. Then we were given the all clear and out
we came, laughing and all talking at the same time. Dr. King was standing at the door and we hugged. I laughed and said something about an adventure.

So while others were out going about their business of the day.
Sassi and I were sharing a kennel space with a black Lab in Atlanta. I think there were some trees down and some flooding
but we were lucky. It was a good place to be. I would share a kennel with that sweet, smart Lab any time.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions