Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Why this time of the year is the best.

gandle
13 years ago

For this evenings dinner we will have sweet corn from the garden, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers in sour cream and Leone just made sweet and sour red cabbage from the garden. Doubt that we will need that tonight but it improves with sitting a day in the refrigerator. The first cantelope just slipped off the vine into her hand so guess that will be our dessert but may have to put a scoop of raspberry sorbet in the cavity.

I haven't been able to work in the vegetable garden this year so can't claim credit for anything except starting a bunch of plants under lights early spring. So she has done all the work there where it has always been my duty before.

Finally talked me into getting a walker and now I can at least get out on the lawn where before it was too difficult to walk on it and keep my balance. Don't use it in public though have a quad cane for when I'm out and about. Think the balance is slowly returning, sure hope so, pretty darn worthless as it is now.

Wandered off my main theme on why now is the best time of the year. Just being able to eat delicious food directly from the garden to the table is, I'm searching for the proper adjective, guess wonderful will do.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions