Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sun and sunlight orange in afternoon?

Posted by melikesthepeculiar 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 16:04

Right now the weirdest thing is happening. It's 1 in the afternoon and the sun is starting to break through the clouds. But the sun and the sunlight and everything the light is hitting is orange. It has the appearance of a sunset, during the day. That is really freaky. Anybody ever seen that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sun and sunlight orange in afternoon?

Can't say that I have, Matt.
Wish you had a picture of it to post.

o

It might be that the clouds have some particles in them that turn everything orange. Has there been any fires in your neck of the the woods lately? Does your area have any source of pollution that could cause this effect?

o

west_gardener,
I just found out from a neighbor that there have indeed been some wildfires in our state...nice call!

janis_g,

I took a few pics but my digital card reader is not cooperating so I can't load them up..sorry. It was hard to see in the picture anyway.

o

I live in Silicon Valley, and the operating word here is "valley". Whatever pollutions are in the sky, if it is a wild fire in Santa Cruz, or a refinery fire some 30-40 miles away or plain old auto exhaust and it gets trapped beneath a layer of fog in the valley we have some strange colors when the sun hits.

o

Artists opportune this property of light. I don't claim to be an artist, but I notice when I am photographing outside, when in the day and under what light circumstances really impact the quality of the finished product. I really enjoy some of the beautiful filters the sky puts on light and you do wish you could catch it in a bottle. Ethereal and hard to describe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here