Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
That wasn't very bright

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 16:54

Oh, he has been in the garden for about an hour, armload of sweet corn and more cukes. He forgot to put on bug repellant and now he is getting sick from all the hundreds of buffalo gnat bites or stings. Usually the puffiness only lasts overnight but it feels like your face is on fire. And I mean that exactly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: That wasn't very bright

Gee, that's horrible! I don't think I have ever heard of buffalo gnats before. Well, you know how good (not) men are about remembering to put on a lot of things, bug repellant included. But we all still love him - and especially you for not bopping him over the head for forgetting the spray.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 17:57

Is there some cream--or even a very cold washrag applied periodically--that could give relief from something like that? Hope there is, and that it will help.

He probably couldn't even enjoy the corn or cucumbers!

o

Make that two dummies. We have not had any mosquitos for a long time. Friday evening I went out just to bring in the hummingbird feeders, otherwise the racoons take them down. Yep, out for about 5 minutes and I am still itching today.

o

I saw a documentary in how the buffalo gnats or black flies were
so pervasive that they threatened a buffalo herd in one state, the state came in and bulldozed the trail and diverted the buffalo.
I know George is strong, and
I don't want to be an alarmist, but I would see a doctor. asp.

o

Leone would Benadryl help?
So sorry this has happened to George.
I hope he feels better soon.

I was just having a chuckle, (not about what has happened to George) , but about what I would do to Neil. I would put the bug spray on a stand next to the door with a BIG poster saying.
"DID YOU FORGET SOMETHING? It would have a BIG arrow pointing to the can of bug spray.
He would then most likely get a roll of duct tape and with great
fanfare, tape it to his chest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here