Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They can't shingle in 98 degree weather

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 17:09

This coming weekend we will have the annual houseful. SIL and 2 grandsons were going to shingle my shop. It really needs, doesn't leak but it is time it had a new roof.

SIL is a doctor who fancies himself a carpenter. One grandson is a chemist who thinks he is a farmer, the other grandson is an auto mechanic and has gourmet cooking as a hobby.

If it is too hot to shingle there are plenty of chores to do around the place, should be able to keep all 3 busy.

Leone has plans to keep all the women busy but I know 1 13 year old great granddaughter that will be at her granddads side helping in whatever he is doing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They can't shingle in 98 degree weather

It sounds like ice cream weather to me. Get the "grandson is an auto mechanic and has gourmet cooking as a hobby. " to whip us some cool stuff.

o

Your multitalented family will find things to do, that's for sure.
Sounds as though there will be a good time had by all.

o

Could I borrow your family for a day or so? They would find plenty to do here.
Have a great time.

o

I cannot imagine being on a roof in 98 degree weather! That would be hard to shingle. I'm glad they come to help you. Good kids, must've been raised right. Good parents! Enjoy them to the fullest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here