Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How did that Beatles song go?

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 17:19

Obladi oblada or something like that. We just came from the meeting room at the library where the zoning board had a meeting and that nonsense phrase runs through my mind after listenening to the board. You know, 7 people is too many to have on a committee or board. 5 is better, 3 probably better still or maybe just have a tzar or chancellor to make the decisions. they are just supposed to come up with recomendations to the city council. When you have 3 indecisive and 3 just being negative and one liking to hear herself talk. I'm going to the next council meeting and state my feelings, not sure the board will even have anything to say.

Obladi oblada etc. Forgot part of it, life goes on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How did that Beatles song go?

Obladi Oblada Lyrics
The Beatles

Desmond has a barrow in the market place
Molly is the singer in a band
Desmond says to Molly - girl I like your face
And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand.

Chorus:
Obladi oblada life goes on bra
Lala how the life goes on
Obladi Oblada life goes on bra
Lala how the life goes on.

Desmond takes a trolly to the jewellers stores
Buys a twenty carat golden ring
Takes it back to Molly waiting at the door
And as he gives it to her she begins to sing.

Chorus

In a couple of years they have built
A home sweet home
With a couple of kids running in the yard
Of Desmond and Molly Jones.

Happy ever after in the market place
Desmond lets the children lend a hand
Molly stays at home and does her pretty face
And in the evening she's a singer with the band.

Chorus

o

That must be really annoying/boring/frustrating George. At least if you say your piece and they do nothing, they've made their choice. Maybe they just need a good reason to change it. You just never know.

o

Committees are a really wonderful idea....but so was communism. Problem is, they don't function. LOL. Usually the people with the time to sit them are the ones who shouldn't.

o

I've sat on more than my share of committees and boards. The warning sign for me is when someone in the group says..."I just love going to meetings"...
Run like the wind when you hear that!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here