Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The First of a Few

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 18:53

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb plotted out the planet Earth. I did not feel like a giant,I felt very, very small.
Neil Armstrong

RIP or if you want to, roam the stars.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The First of a Few

Well said. Visualizing him hopping to the next adventure.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 20:58

I was shocked to learn he had died "from complications related to heart bypass surgery". Nowadays, it seems so safe and almost routine, but I know that is never really the case.

Anneliese, I hope he is "roaming the stars".

o

His footprints are history both on earth and space.
I remembered don_socal's post, blending sci-fi and reality.
Very interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: don_socal on Armstrong

o

I remember that day. We lived in our first house in CA. DH's parents came to visit and we sat glued to our tiny tv. After the landing, we went outside, hung the flag and took a family pic to mark the day.
The family pic is posted. Sorry about the quality, but back then I did not know much about how to preserve pics.

o

Beautiful picture W.G.! Such a fantastic occasion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here