Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pleasant trip to the Dentist.

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 11 at 20:15

Yep, we enjoy going to our dentist. He's a wonderful guy. Don't know how good a dentist he is, we have great teeth and see him just for cleaning. But his personality and the type of technicians that he hires makes a visit, very pleasant.

Now...to get to the point of this posting.
I have mentioned before how our city is used very often for background in movies and TV shows/Advertising. You want it...it's around here somewhere. As a result, we have a large group of folks that because of their jobs/retirement can drop everything and show up for crowd scenes and background roles. My #2 son is one of them. He's been doing it for years.

He lost a front tooth in high school and had a false one, that over the years had gotten to look strange. We were about ready to personally tie him in the dental chair when our dentist managed to talk him into having it replaced. Soooooo, he gets to play a little walk-on part in a picture. Our dentist says he saw it twice. And it was a real thrill to look up there at the big screen, see the big grin and think, "That's MY smile up there!"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pleasant trip to the Dentist.

Was it the re-remake of Little Women? Seriously, we'd like to watch for him as well.

o

It was "The Conspirators" directed by Robert Redford. Civil War Stuff, Lincoln's assasination. #2 Son was an officer in the Union Army......false tooth and all!

I heard that it wasn't a very good movie, but my dentist said he liked it. I'll never argue with my dentist.

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 18:58

How oool. These stories are why I like to come here. A returning native son is filming an independent movie here. Don't know any locals who got parts. but it will be interesting to see the movie and pick out people we know and familier places. They filmed some shows here in the 70's and 80's. Parts of Centnial and OHMs are 2 that come to mind.

o

Every now and then, we get a little insight on how movies are made. It can be interesting.

For example. Did you know that a lot of daytime outdoor scenes are filmed at night?

Yep, if they are filmed during the day, the shadows change as the day goes on. At night, they set up lights to make the shadows be the same, no matter how long it takes to get the scene to suit.

o

That's cute Puffy. Bet that was fun for #2 son, and the nice dentist too! Now I hope it comes on cable eventually and I get to see 'the tooth'. Smiles.

o

Fun story, agnespuffin. Perhaps "nice dentist" and he seems like a good dentist, could have gotten credits in the movie for creating #2 son's bright smile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here