Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Proof, cats have a sense of humor.

gandle
9 years ago

I was in the front yard coiling up a hose , Spook was with me of course. The neighbor lady let her two maltese dogs out. They are the friendliest happy little dogs, you'd think the were on springs. They came running to see me but screeched to a halt when they spotted the cat. They began barking at her. This scenario has been played out a hundred times, the cat is supposed to turn her back and lie down. Surprising all of us, she ran around the corner of the house. The little dogs didn't act like they quite what to do but they ran after her barking like "we finally have the cat running". Problem was, when they got to the house corner she stepped out in front of the. There were a couple of yelps and one of the fell down retreating. Then the cat laid down with her back to the very confused little dogs. I'm afraid she could hurt them if she wanted to tangle with them but I don't thinkl the dogs are dumb enough to actually mix it up with a cat who is twice their size.

I told him don't hit the submit button until I proofread your post, so, if there are typos in the above, blame me. Think I got them all.

she ran around the corner of the porch and the dogs seem a little baffled by that but decided to runm after her

Comments (4)

• gmatx zone 6
    9 years ago

Leone, we don't care how many typos there are in George's posts - we will figure them out, rest assured. Of course, we always love to hear from you, too! After all, you can give us the real skinny on George.

As to the cat - yep, they do have a sense of humor. We use to have a big old grey-blue boy that would hide behind the door in the summer and when you came in he would jump out and just fall over right in front of you. Of course, you would nearly fall trying to either stop to avoid stepping on him or trying to step over him. Then he would jump up and run like mad to the far end of the house to the front door, turn and run back to you just as fast as he could. Then, he would stop and sit down so nicely and wait until he was petted. It's amazing how many times we would start through the door and forget what was going to happen!

One of our guinea fowls brought up 15 baby keets this evening (counted 5 this a.m. and 15 this p.m.) and our big old male cat just laid there and looked at the babies. I think he has tangled with the cock before and knows better than to move toward those babies....LOL. Now, he may have been licking his chops and trying to figure out a way to get them, but I don't think he is that dumb!

Hugs to you both.

Mary

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

I agree with all that stuff cats do, they do have a sense of humor and love to baffle people.
    I like to hear about guinea fowl, used to have some, the male got so aggressive he once took on a big grader working our drive, he ran to the road in front of our property and tried to take on any vehicle coming by. When he attacked our grand-daughter we knew he hd to go, he joined a huge flock in some more remote property and I suppose he lived happily ever after

• mawheel
    9 years ago

George, it would have been fun to see your cat scaring those two little dogs. Not fun for the dogs, but Spook probably enjoyed it.

Leone, thanks for your proof-reading, but as we've told George, a post from him--and you, too--is good in any form. (Unless it's Chinese, which I know I couldn't read!) LOL

See, just like Spook, I have a weird sense of humor, too.

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

Have to agree with everybody above, just love to hear from both of you any which way and yes, cats and other animals have a sense of humor and that includes the Blue Jay who screetches at me from behind when I am doing something outdoors, never in front of me and of course, I jump.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area
More Discussions