Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quite an insult, if you are a dog

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 20:58

Was trimming sucker branches from maples in the front yard, Spook was with me of course. The neighbor has 2 cute little maltese dogs that weigh about 2 pounds each. They are happy friendly little dogs that seem to be on springs. They let them out 3 times a day and lke all dogs they have to sniff everything around. They spotted me and came running then the spotted Spook and they began barking at her, standing about 5' away. She stood up and turned her back on them and laid down and began washing a paw. Guess the dogs were beneath her dignity. They weren't too sure how to handle being completely ignored but they finally decided whats the point of barking when the cat ignores you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quite an insult, if you are a dog

Spook sounds like a passive/aggressive personality....

o

They never fail to live up to the saying "Cats take a message and will get back to you, maybe."

o

No person or other animal can ignore you like a cat.

o

Jasmyn says: it's called catitude

o

Smart Spook! (Lilo, I still love that picture. her little heart nose.)

o

She is almost exactly like Spook in her markings.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 15:29

Our neighbor's dachshund, Emmy, who may weigh 8 pounds, wants to be friends with Maggie, our cat, very much. Since Maggie is taller and weighs almost twice as much as Emmy, we were a little tentative about what might happen. We needn't have worried: Emmy comes bounding over to our yard, little body and tail both quivering with anticipation, and Maggie totally ignores her, walking to our neighbor to be petted.

Lilo, Jasmyn is so regal; she's truly beautiful.

George, I'll bet the Maltese aren't used to being ignored--even by a cat!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here