Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fascinating

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 22:25

Just finished watching Ken Burm;s 2nd installment of Mark Ywsin. Oh to be ablr to wxpress yourself like that man. Going to the library tomorrow to see if there atr sny large print editiomd of his works abailavle. Read most of them, noe eant to read them again. Going to hit sibmit, Leone is not availvor proofreafing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fascinating

I have not seen any of his shows but remember the discussion here when the National parks one was running. Sounds like a very good writer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ken Burns

o

Watched it too and am waiting for the Roosevelt one. Saw his others on PBS also.

o

Glad you enjoyed him! I had to look him up. His titles didn't really grab my attention, but then I thought, I bet if I read some, I'd probably be surprised at how enjoyable they are. I bet, they'd remind me of George's posts. Judging by his titles. He sounds like a midwest kind of guy. Twain, the dustbowl, etc. Very midwest.

:)

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 8:51

Everything I've seen that was written and/or produced by Ken Burns has been enjoyable and worthwhile. Imagine that? Being entertained and learning something at the same time; that's pretty cool.

I didn't know anything about Mark Twain's younger years, so was a little surprised to learn he was sort of a "rake". Of course, in his later life, his wit and wisdom--plus the twinkle in his eyes--entertained and educated anyone who came into contact with him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here