Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Blue moon

gandle
10 years ago

Is anyone else mesmerized by the now occuring "blue moon""?
I've got to go back out and stare at it some more.

Comments (6)

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

It's bright enough to read the newspaper headlines outside. Not a cloud in the sky and due to the brightness only the major stars can be seen this morning.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Until I got up at 5:45 and looked out the window, I wasn't aware that the moon was full. It was low enough in the Western sky that it didn't look blue, but it was still big, round, and VERY beautiful.

George, doesn't the phrase "blue moon" mean that there are two full moons in one month? And it happens only once or twice a year? Glad I got to see it.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Oh, Blue moon, yes, if there are two full moons in one month, the second one is called:Blue moon, so is an extra moon in the period between the solstice and the equinox, there are three full moon (in the three month) and if there is a fourth one, the blue moon is #3 in the sequence (don't ask me why the third) they are not the color blue, don't know how that expression originated.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Lilo, thanks for the information. I know I could "Google" stuff, but sometimes, it's just easier to ask a question -- esp. when there are so many helpful folks around--like you! :>)

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

I looked for the blue moon, but we had a fog cover. In this case fog is good, it is natural air condition.

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

I heard today that in some parts of the world, the moon does look blue due to ash in the air. Therefore, blue moon.

And it was gorgeous.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions