Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue moon

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 22:41

Is anyone else mesmerized by the now occuring "blue moon""?
I've got to go back out and stare at it some more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue moon

It's bright enough to read the newspaper headlines outside. Not a cloud in the sky and due to the brightness only the major stars can be seen this morning.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 6:38

Until I got up at 5:45 and looked out the window, I wasn't aware that the moon was full. It was low enough in the Western sky that it didn't look blue, but it was still big, round, and VERY beautiful.

George, doesn't the phrase "blue moon" mean that there are two full moons in one month? And it happens only once or twice a year? Glad I got to see it.

o

Oh, Blue moon, yes, if there are two full moons in one month, the second one is called:Blue moon, so is an extra moon in the period between the solstice and the equinox, there are three full moon (in the three month) and if there is a fourth one, the blue moon is #3 in the sequence (don't ask me why the third) they are not the color blue, don't know how that expression originated.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 17:39

Lilo, thanks for the information. I know I could "Google" stuff, but sometimes, it's just easier to ask a question -- esp. when there are so many helpful folks around--like you! :>)

o

I looked for the blue moon, but we had a fog cover. In this case fog is good, it is natural air condition.

o

I heard today that in some parts of the world, the moon does look blue due to ash in the air. Therefore, blue moon.

And it was gorgeous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here