Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liederkranz

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 23:14

I now of the possesser of 18 ounces of Liederkranz cheese. Well,maybe about 15 ounces by now. Comes from DCI cheese co. Richfield Wisconsin. Haven't been able to quiz son yet how the cheese got here but will see him Monday, I wanted some thin sliced rye bread to put it on. Leone couldn't find any so she got a pretty good pumpernickel. Wonderful, sublime. I'm running out of adjectives. A little sprinkle of chopped red onion on top of the cheese, just a little, doesn't hurt either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liederkranz

Sound excellent! What is the accompanying beverage?

o

I am drooling! And I am not really hungry, Joann made some mean chicken enchiladas, rib-sticking - but I always have room for good cheese, and Liederkraz fits that description

o

I join the chorus, even if it is breakfast for me. Could eat it anytime.

o

Uh Don, it wasn't buttermilk.

o

Love LOVE Liederkranz!! I thought it was a Borden patented cheese and Borden stopped making it and wouldn't sell the patent.
Now I have to go on a search...I am picturing that little foil wrapped block with the yellow colored wrapped....Oh my...I need to go on a search!

o

You're not going to believe this, but Amazon sells it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Liederkranz cheese at Amazon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here