Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 8 -19 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 23:51

Blues means what milk does to a baby. Blues is what the spirit is to the minister. We sing the blues because our hearts have been hurt, our souls have been disturbed.
Alberta Hunter

I find Indian music very funky. I mean it's very soulful, with their own kind of blues. But it's the only other school on the planet that develops improvisation to the high degree that you find in jazz music. So we have a lot of common ground.
John McLaughlin

The blues was like that problem child that you may have had in the family. You was a little bit ashamed to let anybody see him, but you loved him. You just didn't know how other people would take it.
B. B. King

I think people must wonder how a white girl like me became a blues guitarist. The truth is, I never intended to do this for a living.
Bonnie Raitt

Bonnie Raitt
"Runaway"

As I walk along I wonder what went wrong
With our love, a love that was so strong
And as still walk on I think of the things we've done
Together while our hearts were young

I'm a walking in the rain, tears are falling and I feel a pain
Wishing you were here by me to end this misery
And I wonder, I wo wo wo wo wonder
Why, why why why why why she (you) ran away
And I wonder where she (you) will stay
My little runaway, a run run run run runaway

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie Raitt - Runaway (Live 1977)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 8 -19 -13

Love Bonnie Raitt, interesting quotes about the Blues, thank you, Don

o

Oh, the Monday morning blues. I bet a lot of people can identify with those feelings.

o

Between my oldest son and myself we have about every record .B. B. King ever made. Blues and Hot Jazz are a big part of our music collection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here