Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 9/09/12

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 0:24

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
Douglas Adams

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Even he, to whom most things that most people would think were pretty smart were pretty dumb, thought it was pretty smart.
Douglas Adama

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 9/09/12

I should print out the second quote in large letters and put it as a banner over my tool and fix-it shelf.

The first quote very much reminds me of a X cousin X removed, adopted at that, who lived in a world of its own.

o

So many instances of these so eloquently put into words. Those explanations that we recognize as they are verbally described.

o

First one reminds me of my ex changing the oil in the Rover 105S.

Close to a genius and wowed everyone---I quietly put the chains on the car during the cold months and mowed the grass and painted the house in the warmer months.

He would bring me wildflowers and melt my Yankee heart----he's a Yankee, also----and that's how he got away with so much for 18 years.

Gimmie a Southern boy this time, God---with a bit of a drawl----
NO!!!!! I take that back----
I'd rather bushwhack and drink coffee whenever I want!!! :o)

o

Oh, the second one rings my bell. Just had one of the toilets over flowing. No warning, no flashing buttons, nothing to signal that there was a potential problem, it just overflowed.
Sigh.............

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here