Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 9/25

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 0:43

If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want. ~Oscar Wilde

The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. ~George Santayana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 9/25

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 7:35

We've had a glorious start to the Fall season; clear, sunny days with high temps around 75 degrees, very cool nights around 45--light blanket weather for DH and me. This morning, the sunrise was beautiful; the eastern sky was streaked with varying shades of pink--from very light to deep maroon; a lovely gift to start the day.

I agree with the Santayana quote; spring is lovely, but each season has something special about it. That's why I'm glad I live in an area that has four clearly defined seasons. When I can't stand summer, any longer, I know that fall will soon arrive!

o

Ditto here, much more interesting when you have a change of seasons and always something to look forward to.

Love the solace in the Wilde quote .

o

I like these quotes. Yea, we tend to think about the bad stuff, rather than the good stuff.
We also have a glorious beginning of fall. The weather has been cool at night and temperate during the day. We even had some rain. The trees are starting to turn color and dropping their leaves.
We live in CA and we do have four seasons, they are less noticeable than in my native Norway and the cold states in the US. We go visit the snow when we need a winter fix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here