Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote, 09/22/12

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 6:33

For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
Edwin Way Teale

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
Stanley Horowitz

Autumn begins with the subtle change in the light, with skies a deeper blue, and nights that become suddenly clear and chilled. The season comes full with the first frost, the disappearance of migrant birds, and the harvesting of the season's last crops.

Glenn Wolff and Jerry Dennis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote, 09/22/12

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 8:08

Nice quotes, Anneliese. Autumn is my favorite time of year-- cool, clear sunny days and chilly, almost-blanket kind of nights are so refreshing to me, specially after hte heat of last summer.

Today is extra special for us, b/c it's DH and my 61st wedding anniversary. We remember it was beautiful on that day, but not cool. DH and groomsmen almost passed out wearing black, wool tuxedos--all b/c it was the first day of Fall and white linen jackets were not the "right thing" to wear. Oh dear, how foolish we were! Some things have changed for the better, I guess!

o

Beautiful thoughts for a beautiful day.

o

Thank you, Anneliese, for the Equinox greetings

o

Thanks for the quotes, Anneliese. I find that the first day of fall is not only the end of summer but the beginning of a new cycle. We took down our bean plants, but saved enough ripe pods to start again in spring. Some of our early bloomers are showing buds, the plants in my veggie garden boxes are either bolting or getting leggy, so out they go. The neighbor next door ( a great gardener) pulled her fall vines today, and I know she'll plant some early blooming peas and flowers.
In the meanwhile, I'll enjoy the cool of the fall.

Congrats on your wedding anniversary, mwheel. Glad you all survived the heat wave at your wedding and lived to tell us about it 61 years later.

o

mwheel, congratulations on your anniversary. Sixty-one years is something to be proud of.

o

Congratulations mwheel. Hope you had a good celebration.

o

Same here, Anne---thank you so much----you have great quotes!
----sorry I couldn't help out more----cat trauma---expensive trip to the vet's----Roxie's turn was the week BEFORE...Aiiiiyeeee!

mwheel---congratulations! What great news to share!
Hope the day was perfect for you both!

o

mwheel, congratulations. Go for lots more.

o

mwheel - congratulations, hope you have many more

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 11:13

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. One never knows how many years are left, but we'll spend them togeher, if possibe. DH and I sometimes get on each other's nerves, but that's O.K, we'd rather be together and have that happen than the alternative! :>)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here