Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote-9/19/2010

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 7:15

"In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought
and care and toil. And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such superb colour effects as
from August to November."
- Rose G. Kingsley, The Autumn Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote-9/19/2010

What a nice picture of years past. This year? Baah humbug! We are in a extreme drought. It is a reminder that we should cherrish what we have most of the time and ignore because it is as always.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 14:53

My garden suffered from drought for two seasons, and this season was going to be the one to catch up on all the neglect - ha! I had to go and break my hip, so this year's garden isn't doing all that well, Joann kept the watering going, but new plants, colorful annuals, pruning and all that maintenance stuff fell by the wayside.
Still: there are about half dozen sunflowers, lots of French marigolds, the buddleias and even the ungroomed roses are putting on a nice show,. Hope I can get in there next spring and get something done.

o

I can emphathise with both of you. I realized this year that I can not do what I used to do in the garden. I asked DH to build me some small raised beds with seats so I can continue gardening. The boxes are done and the garden plot is being prepared for a much smaller planting space.
In anticipation of next year, I think I'll plant some daffys this fall. Just to get spring started.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here