Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Qote-9/22/2010

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 7:38

The hazy, cloudless skies of Indian Summer. Leaves scurrying down the street before the wind. The cold shiver from an arctic blast. Indian Summer. The last warmth of the sun. Chilly mornings and glorious warm afternoons. The Harvest Moon. The Hunter's Moon. The Rainy Season. Dry corn stalks clattering in the wind. The touch of frost on grass and window pane. The smell of burning leaves.
Keith C. Heidorn

autumnal equinox 2010 northern hemisphere

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Qote-9/22/2010

It's not only the equinox, today, but it is this month's full moon.

Nice combination.

Will spend the early evening kayaking and then burn a log in the fire pit for the first time this year.

It was right at 100F a couple of days ago. It will still be in the 90's for the rest of the week. Summer ain't letting go quite yet.

There are rumours of a cold front coming through next week. Can't wait.

o

It's also harvest moon.
Some music and video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Harvest Moon

o

I think the Harvest Moon is tomorrow, but let the party begin.

o

The good thing about full moon is that they appear full for three days or so.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 0:48

Yes, the moon appears bright and shiny for several days, and this is hungry time in the woods - so all predators are out for what they can find. Before it was so bright I lost a goat to a mountain lion, now the three goats left are nervous and I hope they will be o.k. Bears are about, got someone's chickens up a way from here, hope they leave mine alone.
Right now there are dogs barking in the hills, and someone has been shooting a gun. It is also harvest time in the outback secret gardens, and there are those who like to harvest, but not plant and put in the work...I wish for clouds and rain and dark, but it is clear and bright.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here