Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardens/nature to visit in Cooperstown NY?

Posted by weedlady Central OH 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 8:53

Hubby wants to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame one full day. I do NOT! There must be a place a gardener may go for a pleasant day of wandering among plants... can anyone point me in the right direction? Herbs are my particular interest, but I also am interesting in native plants, woodlands, etc. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardens/nature to visit in Cooperstown NY?

Check out Brookwood Gardens.Friends have gone there when visiting Cooperstown,also to some of the museums.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brookwood gardens

o

There are many ways to find like mined people on the net. One is meetup, see link below:

Meet Up

Another is the Gardenweb's gathering forum. See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW Gather

o

BTW, my absolute favorite poster re traveling with hubby on business trips is jazmynsmom,and she is right here on GP.

o

Did not look like the Meet Up site will meet my needs at the moment...and I had found Brookwood's website some days ago thru a search but their pages do not say much--mostly looked like they are touting it as a place to hold a wedding. Not much in the way of horticulture in evidence.
Maybe I'll just end up at the Farmers' Museum. What I saw of it at their leaves-rather-a-bit-to-be-desired website reminds me of Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan, that I visited often growing up in that area, and for which I have much nostalgic affection. Not exactly what I was hoping to find, but still way better than a day looking at dusty old baseball memorabilia! LOL
Thanks anyway for the responses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here