Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

Quote 9/23

lilosophie
10 years ago

"I think one reason we admire cats, those of us who do, is their proficience in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing--or pretend to do. Rarely do you see a cat discomfited. They have no conscience, and they never regret. Maybe we secretly envy them."- Barbara Webster, from "Creatures and Contentments"

If the pull of the outside world is strong, there is also a pull towards the human. The cat may disappear on its own errands, but sooner or later, it returns once again for a little while, to greet us with its own type of love. Independent as they are, cats find more than pleasure in our company."- Lloyd Alexander

Comments (5)

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

How very true! Lilo it's nice that Anneliese lets readers know she'll not be around and that you'll cover. I wonder about Don? Does anyone know anything? Thx, Nerry

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have sent a message to Don and have not heard anything, it worries me a little, he has so many medical issues. Hope it is all to the best.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

I have always been an animal lover, but focused more on dogs than cats. HOWEVER, since we acquired our son's cat four years ago, I have realized how wonderful they both are, but in different ways. I'm absolutely nutty about our Maggie! She permits me to do whatever she needs for her comfort, and once in a while, even sits on my lap! Thanks for these quotes, Lilo.

I, too, hope all is well with Don and MIssy. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Oh well I hope he's well.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Talking about cats - found this:

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
    Julius Verne.

Great quotations.

Sponsored
More Discussions