Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 9/23

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 9:21

"I think one reason we admire cats, those of us who do, is their proficience in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing--or pretend to do. Rarely do you see a cat discomfited. They have no conscience, and they never regret. Maybe we secretly envy them."- Barbara Webster, from "Creatures and Contentments"

If the pull of the outside world is strong, there is also a pull towards the human. The cat may disappear on its own errands, but sooner or later, it returns once again for a little while, to greet us with its own type of love. Independent as they are, cats find more than pleasure in our company."- Lloyd Alexander

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 9/23

How very true! Lilo it's nice that Anneliese lets readers know she'll not be around and that you'll cover. I wonder about Don? Does anyone know anything? Thx, Nerry

o

I have sent a message to Don and have not heard anything, it worries me a little, he has so many medical issues. Hope it is all to the best.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 18:19

I have always been an animal lover, but focused more on dogs than cats. HOWEVER, since we acquired our son's cat four years ago, I have realized how wonderful they both are, but in different ways. I'm absolutely nutty about our Maggie! She permits me to do whatever she needs for her comfort, and once in a while, even sits on my lap! Thanks for these quotes, Lilo.

I, too, hope all is well with Don and MIssy. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

o

Oh well I hope he's well.

o

Talking about cats - found this:

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
Julius Verne.

Great quotations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here