Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

A Word to the Wise!

agnespuffin
11 years ago

This is about Life Insurance.....Your heirs might have a problem!

We got a policy w-a-a-y back in 1955. The kids were small and if anything happened to the DH, I would need everything I could get. We decided that we would rather have the small cash value now. So, it's Cash In Time!

That Company was bought out by another company and neither has offices here. Luck was with us! Thanks to the Internet and an old letter that I happened to keep, we were able to locate the new Home Office.

After phone calls and more phone calls, we finally located someone at the home office of the new company. They don't handle Life Insurance anymore, but he could cash out the policy for us.

What would it be like if we had waited until he had died???

So, if you have an old Life Insurance policy that's paid up, etc. it might be a good idea to find out what's up with your company now.

Ditto for all of you with elderly parents...make sure that the policies are still easily located and agents available for help.

It's not worth much now...but it's the idea of all those premiums that we struggled to pay going down the drain. That's what would have happened if we had waited even longer.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions