Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

Quotes 9-18-2014

west_gardener
9 years ago

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
â Isaac Newton, The Correspondence Of Isaac Newton

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
â Isaac Newton

"Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy."
â Isaac Newton

"Men build too many walls and not enough bridges."
â Isaac Newton

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people."
â Isaac Newton

"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean."
â Isaac Newton

Comments (7)

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

That one about tact is true, I just cannot do it correctly!

Jim

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm practicing the tact thing also, Jim.

• mawheel
    9 years ago

Besides tact, the thing I'm working on is that it is not necessary to have something to say on every occasion. Keeping my mouth closed has always been hard for me!

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

Like all if them, thanks west_gardener.

Madhouse here, 1 day away from the wedding and have family visiting for the occasion, husband fell again and I am ready to run away. Somebody have a shed where I can hide out?

• west_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lol anneliese. I don't have a shed, but I do have a very nice guest room you can hide out until the 27th of this month. That is when our people will come to "visit" and celebrate a B-day.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

Come on to my house, the guest room is always ready. Let's see, how long from your house to mine?

Jim

• mawheel
    9 years ago

You are welcome at our house, too, Anneliese. Only thing is--it's the cat's bedroom, too! However, she sleeps curled next to me at night, so that would't be a problem.

I'm really sorry to hear that your husband fell, again. That's a worry/concern that's always 'lurking' in our house, too.

Sponsored
More Discussions