Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas on how to make a piece of paper into a present?

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 10:28

I know it sounds odd. I'm going to surprise the boy with an early b-day present. It's the email from where I opened his CD that he set out last August to open by this December (Christmas). I funded the last bit he lacked in order to get it done (it was only $33), as I feel like 13 months of never once missing a payment for his goal, was enough. But all I have is a piece of paper now. An origami something, maybe? I dunno. I'm at a loss. I guess I could put it in a box, which is in a box, which is in a box? Or a treasure hunt? Get it, treasure? See. I'm a dweeb. Help me!

;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas on how to make a piece of paper into a present?

I'd vote for the treasure hunt.

Apparently they never get too old for that: I did one for DD on her 35th BD, and she seemed to have just as much fun as on her 10th.

o

An Origami character holding it sounds good. Make it the end of the treasure hunt.

o

how about a pinata? You can put anything you want in there.

o

GREAT ideas!

No suggestions, little one-----just want to comment-------------

DWEEB?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be the same age as my kids!!!!!
If I heard it once, I heard it a thousand times---they even had me saying it, now and then....groan!

o

Anytime you want to give aomething that is merely a "piece of paper', lay it on a pice of thicker paper and roll it up like a diploma. Tie it with a nice black bow. If you have any pictures or something that would refer to the item, stick them around it.

o

These all sounds great. Better than with what I started.

Kathy, I'm 45 :) Dweeb is something I hear often since I work with a bunch of nerds. Heck, for Christmas I gave my boss a plaque with his name spelled out using chemistry symbols and the definition of a "geek" (or was it nerd?). We're proud to be dweebs, usually. Just not this time! Nerds are salt of the earth.

o

Lol at the word "dweebs". My kids used that term all the time.
I've been married to a "nerd, geek" for more than 50 years, and yes" Nerds are salt of the earth. " But in my experience they need some sugar and spice to balance their geek/nerdness.

o

You can say that again!

o

LOL west...that's why God created the likes of us. ; )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here