Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frriends in Texas stay safe.

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 11:46

Big fires, heard yesterday 1000 houses gone and still out of control. Stay safe and check in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frriends in Texas stay safe.

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 14:28

Thank you Don for thinking of the Texans who are being delt such disaster.

Back in 1968 we lived in Bastrop, TX where the worst of the fires are now. I can just see those fires rolling through all the pine, cedar, and hardwood trees - it's just heartbreaking. When I was a sophomore in high school our house burned. It is such a devastating occurrance, especially for the children and the elderly. To this day I wake up and check out the house and outside if I smell grass or wood smoke. No, we do not have a fireplace! I thank the good Lord daily that we have not had any more close range fires like those we had here earlier this year.

Again Don, thanks for your concern for fellow mankind. Our thoughts and prayers are with them, also.

Mary

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 15:42

What a shame that some of that rain from Tropical Storm Lee couldn't have headed westward to TX, where it would have been helpful.

Good thoughts and prayers are in my heart and mind for all those folks in harm's way in TX--and anywhere else. Mother Nature has done enough to us for 2011!

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 18:06

We are uder a fire watch right now, further north, in the Trinity Alps, there is Red Flag Warning in effect, dry T-storms are expected. I feel for those in Texas in the fires' way.
Earlier there were clouds rising behind the Eastern hills and it looked like smoke, I had to go outside and sniff the air -
sigh of relief.
I hope everyone stay safe

o

I ran an errand yesterday and was stunned to see a blanket of smog like something. It was from the fires burning around Tyler.It's not as bad today but yesterday was awful.Ther're fires in our county,in the next county a mobile home burned killing a mother and child.

Thank you for the good thoughts.

o

mwheel, that is exactly what my son said. "What?! We're getting inches and inches of rain we don't really need when they have none?!"

Glad to see you're ok Gabriell. Wonder how Andie's (and whoever else I am forgetting!) doing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here