Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Man, those were expensive apples

gandle
12 years ago

Since the blossoms on our apple trees were frozen by a late frost and we didn't get any apples we decided to go to southeast Nebraska to Nebraska City where there are a number of orchards. Plus, I wanted to go into Kansas to try to find the graves of my great grandparents. A kind person had put us on track for finding the graves of my maternal grandparents graves and we did find them. A very small cemetery, well maintained but apparently seldom used anymore. Originally a Presbyterian cemetery but the church has been abandoned the town scarcely exists anymore.

We tied to find the fraternal great grandparents graves but couldn't, we thought in the Hanover KS. area

We went to Nebraska city and bought a 1/2 bushel of jonathan apples, wonderful fruit but when we were in a hardware srore parking lot a plumbers truck backed into our car and a pipe sticking out the back of the flat bed punched a hole in the trunk of our car. We didn't know the name of the plumbing business and none of the clerks in the store knew who they were so, damage and cost for repairs $22340 well we have $250 deductable so there was $250, 2 nights in the Holiday inn, $260, we did splurge on a couple of meals in a great restaurant, little over $120, one night at a neat bed and breakfast $80. Gas $60 plus lunches and incidentals add about $50 oh, and the apples cost $22 but we enjoyed the trip except for the hole punched in the trunk. When you add it all up those were quite costly apples.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions
More Discussions