Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Birthday to

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 14:28

my darling DH, who is 80 years young, today! How is that possible? He was 18 when we met!! Where have the years gone?

When one is 18, I don't think it's possible to imagine being 80. (I wouldn't know; I'm not there, yet!) :>)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Birthday to

Ah, 80 is a great age. Steve S.

o

Congrats to your DH. And I'm singing.........And many more.

My DH is not there yet but I hope it will be many more years. I met DH when I was 19, and the neat thing is that when I look at him I see both the young guy I married and all the years in between.

o

Happy birthday to your husband. I hope you both have had a good day.

o

A big Happy Birthday to your hubby.
Bake him a chocolate cake and share it with us.
I'm craving chocolate today.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 2, 10 at 15:41

Thanks for the good wishes. We had a quiet day, yesterday, b/c we're having a family celebration on Sat. However, he had one of his favorite meals--grilled Italian sausage with green peppers and onions, potato salad, and corn on the cob. We only have it a couple of times a year b/c of the high sodium content of the sausages. DD and I sang Happy Birthday and we had a piece of cheesecake sent to him by the man who does our taxes and handles our little bit of investments. I fussed, b/c this is the second cheesecake he's received over the years --and I haven't got one, yet! (I'm not really fussing; it's just fun to complain to him that I've never gotten one!)

It's supposed to be cooler in our area on Sat.; please cross your fingers that it will be. Our house isn't very big, and if everybody has to stay inside because of the heat, it'll get crowded, quickly.

Janis, I don't think the cake will be chocolate, but it should taste good--and look good, too. Our niece, who is very creative, is making it in the shape of South Dakota, his home state. Of course, since SD is basically a rectangle, the shape won't be unusual, but she plans to have Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, some buffalo, and the "World's Only Corn Palace" as part of the decorations, maybe the Missouri River, too. The "World's Only Corn Palace" is located in Mitchell, his home town.

o

Belatedly "Happy Birthday" to your husband. Have computer troubles, just took me 4 and 5 tries to post quotes yesterday and today. Hope this stays.

o

mwheel, Neil and I have been to Mitchell and we visited the
Corn Palace.
It was great fun, nice folks there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here