Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mawheel

Happy Birthday to

mawheel
13 years ago

my darling DH, who is 80 years young, today! How is that possible? He was 18 when we met!! Where have the years gone?

When one is 18, I don't think it's possible to imagine being 80. (I wouldn't know; I'm not there, yet!) :>)

Comments (7)

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Ah, 80 is a great age. Steve S.

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Congrats to your DH. And I'm singing.........And many more.

My DH is not there yet but I hope it will be many more years. I met DH when I was 19, and the neat thing is that when I look at him I see both the young guy I married and all the years in between.

• gabriell_gw
    13 years ago

Happy birthday to your husband. I hope you both have had a good day.

• Janis_G
    13 years ago

A big Happy Birthday to your hubby.
    Bake him a chocolate cake and share it with us.
    I'm craving chocolate today.

• mawheel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the good wishes. We had a quiet day, yesterday, b/c we're having a family celebration on Sat. However, he had one of his favorite meals--grilled Italian sausage with green peppers and onions, potato salad, and corn on the cob. We only have it a couple of times a year b/c of the high sodium content of the sausages. DD and I sang Happy Birthday and we had a piece of cheesecake sent to him by the man who does our taxes and handles our little bit of investments. I fussed, b/c this is the second cheesecake he's received over the years --and I haven't got one, yet! (I'm not really fussing; it's just fun to complain to him that I've never gotten one!)

It's supposed to be cooler in our area on Sat.; please cross your fingers that it will be. Our house isn't very big, and if everybody has to stay inside because of the heat, it'll get crowded, quickly.

Janis, I don't think the cake will be chocolate, but it should taste good--and look good, too. Our niece, who is very creative, is making it in the shape of South Dakota, his home state. Of course, since SD is basically a rectangle, the shape won't be unusual, but she plans to have Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, some buffalo, and the "World's Only Corn Palace" as part of the decorations, maybe the Missouri River, too. The "World's Only Corn Palace" is located in Mitchell, his home town.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Belatedly "Happy Birthday" to your husband. Have computer troubles, just took me 4 and 5 tries to post quotes yesterday and today. Hope this stays.

• Janis_G
    13 years ago

mwheel, Neil and I have been to Mitchell and we visited the
    Corn Palace.
    It was great fun, nice folks there.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions