Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

Fall colors beginning to show

lilosophie
9 years ago

The heat is breaking - today low nineties, but that's about the end of that for now, and early rain and more promised for next week, perhaps things are improving.

Comments (4)

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

These are the fall colors in central Illinois. Mostly cropland. There are some stands of trees, but they have yet to begin to change here.

Jim

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Actually my fall colors are not near as spectacular as the ones in the east, most trees are conifer and Madrone, both stay green, there are not so many varied hardwoods, it's primarily oaks of several varieties.
    Our native and pasture grass, brown for all the hot summer-month, is green in winter. No one has water to groom a lawn, we mow everything in spring, early summer and let it die.

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

That is the difference between back east, green in the summer, and CA, brown in the summer. It took me a while to get used to that.
    Between my house and Stanford U, there are a lot of undeveloped land owned by Stanford. They have found a very low tec way to control fire hazards , There are herds of cows living on the property. They sure keep the grasses clipped.

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

There is a hint of change in the air, nothing really visibly yet. Looking at Lilo's picture reminded me of a fall description.

A tangerine and russet cascade of kaleidoscopic leaves, creates a tapestry of autumn magic upon the emerald carpet of fading summer.
    Judith A. Lindberg

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions