Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden photography

Posted by stevenmbates50 Virginia (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 15:28

Can any one recommend a good camera for garden photography that costs less than $1,000? Something good for closeups, obviously, but also good in low light and with little or no shutter lag.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden photography

I wish I could help, but I'm not into photography in a big way. Just point and shoot with a digital camera. What is shutter lag?

o

This site shows brands, models and sample pictures...

Here is a link that might be useful: PBase Camera Database and Museum

o

I am totally into photography. I highly recommend a Canon brand SLR. The least expensive is the Rebel, and there are several models of the Rebel available, generally for around $600-700. I guarantee for the price they will blow you away with features, quality, etc. And a nice site to checkout is http://photo.net/ that has forums and other stuff. And http://www.dpreview.com/ which has digital camera reviews, unbiased.
A tip, very very important, in fact critical. You MUST use a tripod or the photos will not be the best they can be. Get the best tripod you can afford, I recommend a ballhead for the tripod head. And a cable release too, which you can get for probably less than $50.

o

Hey, thanks for the photo info. I've use my Canon A1 for quite a number of years and with lens can take just about any picture I want. Close up flower images turn out great. The only problem is finding a shop which develops the film.

o
melikesthepeculiar, mole/gopher guards

I recall you saying that you have a problem with moles/gophers. I have problems with snails, so I looked it up in Sunset Magazine. They show a planter box with gopher guard and I used the idea for a snail guard. See if it's something you can use.

Here is a link that might be useful: mole/goopher guard

o

Oops, I meant to put a new post re the mole/goopher issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here