Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mawheel

Company Coming, Not Coming, Coming, Not Coming!

mawheel
12 years ago

Family members who live quite a distance away were coming to visit. We were happy about that, for we hadn't been together in several years. DH and I are getting older by the minute and so are the relatives, so it was a good thing.

Sunday afternoon, they called and said DW had a terrible cold, felt perfectly awful, and they were contemplating not coming. We said we could certainly understand; when I'm not well, I really want to be home and we didn't need fresh germs!

On Monday, they called and said DW was feeling no worse, and since all arrangements had been made, they thought they'd come. O.K.; that was good; their plane would arrive this afternoon--Tuesday--about 1:30, but it would be close to five, before they got to our house.

Thus began a flurry of activity on our part--mainly grocery shopping. (DD and I had planned meals and cleaned the house, last week.)

We don't usually check emails in the evening, so it wasn't til 10:10, this morning--after we got home from the grocery store--that we saw their message that they'd decided not to come, after all. DH was starting to feel bad, too. Boy, do we now have a lot of good things to eat--and a clean house, to boot!

Who knows? Maybe in a month or two, we'll do this, again. :>)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company
More Discussions