Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water, water evrerywhere but I sure don't want to drink it.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 15:42

Those terrible floods in Colorado sent their water down the Platte river and we have flood water everywhere. Sure hope the dike and sandbags hold around the city sewage plant. All the low lying areas and lands near the river are under water. Crest passed through this A.M.. And this stage is expected to last 2 more days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water, water evrerywhere but I sure don't want to drink it.

Oh dear! Nature sure has a way to spread the "joy", I do hope the sewer plant stays within it's limits, that could be a far-reaching and dangerous situation.
And now they have snow in Colorado, it has also snowed in Lake Tahoe in the Sierras - are we in for an early winter I wonder?

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 18:26

The Almanac is calling for a colder, snowier winter, at least in my neck of the woods. I'm so happy for the very cool, clear, sunny days we've had for the last week, I'm almost giddy.

George, my fingers are crossed that the dike and sandbags around the sewage plant will hold and that the rest of the area won't experience too much damage. Mother Nature has shown her power In all parts of the U.S., this summer.

o

George, I was thinking of you Saturday when MSN had an article about the flood waters from Colorado going into the North Platte. I wasn't sure how close to there you were, but was crossing my fingers that you would not be in harms way. As mwheel says, fingers crossed that the dike and sandbags around the sewage plant will hold.
Mary

o

Very often we don't think of the collateral damage. The immediate damage in Colorado was over and many of us forgot about the aftermath in other areas. Thanks for reminding us.

o

I read about the water in your area and thought of you. I hope the sandbags help and that you stay dry. Please keep us updated, we worry.

o

So, how is it going, gandle? Yes, we worry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here