Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
StoryCorp

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 15:50

Today, on YouTube's front page, they're highlighting StoryCorp. I wanted to pass it along.

Danny and Annie's story that I watched. There are many more.

Here is a link that might be useful: StoryCorp-September 8th

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: StoryCorp

Oh, I love StoryCorps. Some of the stories I've heard on NPR's StoryCorps spot have reduced me to tears, and others to giggles.

o

All of them I heard made me cry, save one. They're amazing stories. Really good stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Story Corps channel.

o

Thank you for that link, liked it so much.

o

You're welcome. Good to see you Gloria! How's the bike coming along?

Story Corps, it's just so powerful. Today, I found their website and listened to a story of an adult child and father. His one statement "what you see from me is what you put into me..." just brings me to my knees. The best a parent can do. And it wasn't his child to start with. He came to live with him at 15 years old. (Colbert Williams talks with Ralph Catania, his fifth grade math teacher who later became his legal guardian). A black child in a white man's home. Their relationship is just beautiful. Such acceptance and understanding. How does Story Corps do that? Find the nuggets? Really well done.

Obviously, I'm just blown away by them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Story Corps website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here