Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

An even dozen

gandle
10 years ago

As of this morning, a new great granddaughter, their 2nd anniversary was yesterday. Just missed it by a day. That makes 7 boys and 5 girls. Posted 2 years ago about the wedding now we have this great little newcomer to the clan. 6 lbs. 6 oz oz. 22 inches long. Her father is very tall, will be interesting to see this childs final height, I won't see it but can speculate. Name Kylee. Now we have a football team and one sub.

Comments (15)

• gabriell_gw
    10 years ago

Congratulations! Can you remember all the birthdays?

• mawheel
    10 years ago

George and Leone, congratulations to both of you, and of course, to the happy and proud parents.

"Kylee" is a lovely name; gabriell, you asked if he could remember all the birthdays, I'd probably have trouble remembering all the names! :>)

• gandle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Whoa, a question. Are our grandkids children cousins or second cousins? If Leone didn't have all the names posted on the kitchen calendar I'd never remember any of them except the oldest, Michael, he was born on New Years day 16 plus years ago.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Congratulations and all the best for the little one and all the clan. When the whole family gets together, do they all have to wear name tags?
    I think they would be cousins, just thinking back to my cousins, we all had the same grandparents and our parents were brothers and sisters.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

What a great clan! Congratulations to the latest addition. I think you have the biggest family here, and I have the smallest, 2 grandsons, 2 Greats, one of which has 2 great Grandchildren

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Keeping "cousin" relationships straight is always a problem for me, but I think your great-grandkids are "first cousins once removed" to the parents who are first cousins, i.e., children of your children, and second cousins to each other. Some folks take it further and list third cousins, but the further the distance between the original people--you and Leone started it all, George!--the "thinner" the relationship become. But heck, you're all still "family", aren't you?

I'm probably way off base, but it's fun to try to figure it out. :>)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Happy birthday Kaylee! Congrats to mom, dad, and all the family. Babies are great, especially when they're someone else's.

;)

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Lilo I guess I have to steal your thunder. 1 granddaughter, 1 ward of my other son and DDL for 2 more years, end of line. To top it off, my brother's two daughters are past childbearing age, no children. Finis there too.
    Now cousins of mine, that is just the opposite, I can't keep track, especially since they are all in Germany.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

I have the smallest. One son. for now....

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

I'm the first generation in this country. My mom and I came over together, my mom has passed. I married a wonderful american man and we have three children and two grand children.
    Same as anneliese. tons of cousins in the old country,
    Our children and their cousins are finding each other through social media,

Soooo Rob, what do you mean " One son. for now.."?
    Any news along that front?

• mawheel
    10 years ago

I wondered about that, too . . . Come on, Rob; share a little. :)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Ok not for now, or for a long time! ha! I assume I'll have some--SOME day. Hopefully 15 or so years from now. I was totally kidding.

He doesn't even really acknowledge girls as more than friends still. Yesterday was the first time I'd heard him ever say anything about "scoping out" a girl. He was playing volleyball at the lake beach and almost planted his face in front of two really cute girls. I was almost excited to hear it, but played it off.

I mean, we walk through the halls of school, and I hear "hey ED-ward." followed by audible eyelashes being batted at him. He's oblivious. I think he had his heart broken too much when he was really young.

The first couple of crushes, they were outright mean to him. The third one and he were really close, but the kids teased them. They're still close and do ok when they're together, but are beginning to grow apart. He's gone the way of chess playing, science talking, Latin/Math geek loving world and she's in the entertainment world. She's even sung in front of crowds and been offered a contract. Very different worlds. For him to find one like him, heavy sign, would be fantastic.

But no grandchildren for at least a dozen years. That boy has a strong desire (still! for more than a decade now!!!!) to be an MD. So school will have to be in the front seat for a bit. He'll do it too, he's got everything it takes. If he can just stay focused.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Rob, thanks for your update about LG--should we still address him, that way?, but . . . , I think WG and I were referring to any potential updates in *your* world. Of course, that's being totally nosy, and I apologize, but hope maybe things are good for you! :>)

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

mwheel , yes I was also thinking about Rob's world.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Y'all are too funny! He's almost 14. He's still the little fellar, but not much longer. His foot size passed mine up a couple of months ago and at the rate he's been eating (like six hot dogs in one sitting or a dozen chicken wing pieces, several sandwiches... it's time to be a teen!), well, he'll be towering over me, quite literally, by next summer. But he'll always be my baby. Even he will tell you that.

;)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions