Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
antietam111

Oscarthecat

Good Morning,

I am Oscarthecat's daughter (and owner of the original oscarthecat). I wanted to let you know that my Dad, Steve S. is in the hospital in very poor health with cancer. We do not know the prognosis, but I know he really enjoyed his time online with you and at the swaps.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts at this terrible time.

Love, Mary S.

Comments (20)

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

I was wondering where he was. I just lit my candle and send him good thoughts.
    As a cancer surviver myself, I know he has a battle ahead, but it can be won. Thanks for letting us know.

All the best wishes and love.
    (((Oscarthecat and family)))

Anneliese

• mjmercer
    10 years ago

Dear Mary,

Please let your dad know that the entire family is in our thoughts. Hugs to you and your dad.

Karen

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear about Steve. I miss his postings.
    Sending good thoughts, sunflowers and hugs.
    Get well soon.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Dear Mary, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your Dad. He never posted a lot, but what he wrote was always fun to read. I think I felt a "cyber affinity" for him, b/c I moved from Rockville, MD to WV--just below Hagerstown--and usually was familiar with any reference (s) he might make to Mid-Atlantic places.

Please let him know he is in my thoughts and prayers, and sunflowers and hugs are coming his way.

(((((Steve and his family)))))

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

((((((Steve and family))))))
    Sending healing thoughts to him
    He' a treasure

• gabriell_gw
    10 years ago

Thank you for posting. I wish your father good recovery and send best wishes to you and your family. It's hard watching someone you love have health problems.

• don_socal
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear Steve is having a rough time, sending good energy to Steve, you and yours.

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

Will hold Steve and your entire family close in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for taking time during this stressful period to let us know about him.

• kris_zone6
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear the news. I identified with him since I knew he had roots in Eastern Washington.

• gandle
    10 years ago

Very sorr to hear about your father. Will keep Steve in my prayers.

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Sending healing thoughts to all of you. I too enjoy your Dads postings.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Mary and Steve, you're truly in my thoughts and heart. Take care and my best wishes for peace. I've been missing his wit, and now I won't wonder any more. Thank you for letting us know.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    10 years ago

All the best to you and Steve. Thanks for telling us.

• Sharpsburg Gardener
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts. Sadly, my father passed away yesterday evening.

I will miss him forever.

Mary S.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Mary, I just opened this post, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Steve was a special person, he will be missed, his sense of humor and his wise insights will be remembered.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss. We miss him and he will live in our thoughts.
    (((A hug for you and your family))

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Mary. Sorry for your loss.
    I"m so glad that Steve was part of the GP, I enjoyed his posts and I'll miss him. He's gone but not forgotten. RIP, Steve.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Mary, I just learned of your Dad's passing. Please know that he will be missed; much sympathy and many prayers are coming to you .

• gandle
    10 years ago

He will be missed.

• kris_zone6
    10 years ago

I will miss him. I always enjoyed his posts. My condolences to you, Mary.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions