Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oscarthecat

Posted by sharpsburg z6MD (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 16:39

Good Morning,

I am Oscarthecat's daughter (and owner of the original oscarthecat). I wanted to let you know that my Dad, Steve S. is in the hospital in very poor health with cancer. We do not know the prognosis, but I know he really enjoyed his time online with you and at the swaps.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts at this terrible time.

Love, Mary S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oscarthecat

I was wondering where he was. I just lit my candle and send him good thoughts.
As a cancer surviver myself, I know he has a battle ahead, but it can be won. Thanks for letting us know.

All the best wishes and love.
(((Oscarthecat and family)))

Anneliese

o

Dear Mary,

Please let your dad know that the entire family is in our thoughts. Hugs to you and your dad.

Karen

o

Sorry to hear about Steve. I miss his postings.
Sending good thoughts, sunflowers and hugs.
Get well soon.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 18:12

Dear Mary, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your Dad. He never posted a lot, but what he wrote was always fun to read. I think I felt a "cyber affinity" for him, b/c I moved from Rockville, MD to WV--just below Hagerstown--and usually was familiar with any reference (s) he might make to Mid-Atlantic places.

Please let him know he is in my thoughts and prayers, and sunflowers and hugs are coming his way.

(((((Steve and his family)))))

o

((((((Steve and family))))))
Sending healing thoughts to him
He' a treasure

o

Thank you for posting. I wish your father good recovery and send best wishes to you and your family. It's hard watching someone you love have health problems.

o

Sorry to hear Steve is having a rough time, sending good energy to Steve, you and yours.

o

Will hold Steve and your entire family close in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for taking time during this stressful period to let us know about him.

o

Sorry to hear the news. I identified with him since I knew he had roots in Eastern Washington.

o

Very sorr to hear about your father. Will keep Steve in my prayers.

o

Sending healing thoughts to all of you. I too enjoy your Dads postings.

o

Mary and Steve, you're truly in my thoughts and heart. Take care and my best wishes for peace. I've been missing his wit, and now I won't wonder any more. Thank you for letting us know.

o

All the best to you and Steve. Thanks for telling us.

o

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts. Sadly, my father passed away yesterday evening.

I will miss him forever.

Mary S.

o

Mary, I just opened this post, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Steve was a special person, he will be missed, his sense of humor and his wise insights will be remembered.

o

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss. We miss him and he will live in our thoughts.
(((A hug for you and your family))

o

Thanks for letting us know, Mary. Sorry for your loss.
I"m so glad that Steve was part of the GP, I enjoyed his posts and I'll miss him. He's gone but not forgotten. RIP, Steve.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 21:04

Mary, I just learned of your Dad's passing. Please know that he will be missed; much sympathy and many prayers are coming to you .

o

He will be missed.

o

I will miss him. I always enjoyed his posts. My condolences to you, Mary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here