Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bet you can't

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 14, 10 at 16:44

name the presidents in order from the time you were born. Lets see, Obama is #44, #30 Coolidge was president when I was born so that should make 15 of them, keep coming up one short.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bet you can't

I could. But then, I have fewer presidents to remember. Ask me again in 20 years. I don't remember LBJ, Nixon, or the VietNam war beginning. The end of Viet Name yes. Ford constantly falling, yes.... from there on out.

LBJ
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Obama

o

Wow Robin, I thought were a little younger than me. I can barely remember Ford, Carter is really the first president I truly remember while they were in office.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 14, 10 at 18:13

For the first 12 years of my life, (1932 forward), Franklin D. Roosevelt was our president. After him come

Harry S.Truman
David D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson
Richard M. Nixon
James Carter
Gerald Ford
Ronald Reagan
George Bush (father)
William J. Clinton
George Bush (son)
Barack H. Obama

(I can never keep the initials straight on the Bushes, so rather than embarrass myself, omitted them. I don't remember the other omitted middle initials, either.) :>(

George, who am I missing? If Coolidge was the 30th President and Obama is the 44th, I'm short one, also! Holy Smoke! This really is a *senior moment*!

o

Started out with Roosevelt (even though I was in Germany, I knew about him and the leading heads in Europe, met Truman when I was an Exchange student and came to the States when Eisenhower was President and on up. Where I had problems was keeping track of who was in/out in Italy and France, they changed head honchos for a while on a monthly basis.

o

Forgot our president from Georgia.

o

I can do Prime Ministers . . . .

o

Ok Sara, name all 9-10 of them ;) I can probably name two or three of yours, but that's it. Um, Cameron, Blair, and Thatcher. Not very good, but hey, it's something!

o

Macmillan
Douglas-Home
Wilson
Heath
Wilson again
Callaghan
Thatcher
Major
Blair
Brown
Cameron

Don't ask me about Canadian PMs though. Although I can do monarchs since 1066 . . . :)

o
Yes you can

Boy, you whipped that one out. Impressive. And I was already impressed with you.

o

Oh Rob, that's kind!

Seriously though, I studied Government and Politics, so it sort of stuck . .

o

I MIGHT be able to (the might for me is sad though, because I think there have only been 6, because of all of the 2-term ones. lol)

Obama
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Reagan
Carter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here