Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kittens off to be adopted

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 17:20

The one in the picture, we called him Uno, the firstborn, was adopted almost immediately, new owners were traveling through Willits, stopped at the adoption place, and went and got him and a travel-crate right away, got an airline ticket to their destination: Boston, Mass. Amazing, isn't it?
The other Siamese mix was also adopted, by a friend of the person in charge of the rescue. As of last Friday the two boys were still waiting, I'm sure they'll be placed soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kittens off to be adopted

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 17:54

Lilo, how heart-warming to know that two of those precious little kittens have already been adopted. As you said, hopefully the two little boys will be adopted soon. That cross-country trip to get one of them is still out of the question for DH and me, but we sure have enjoyed seeing their pictures and reading your posts about them. What about Mama? Is she still around?

Thanks for sharing this sweet story with us.

o

Mama has settled in with Joann, she will be spayed shortly and be a permanent member of Joann's cattery.
The two boys, I am sure, will find good homes soon, I think the long weekend has slowed things down some. We went to Ukiah for some shopping and on the way back stopped at the pet-store that facilitates the adoptions. They have a large room with cages and the kittens are let out to play part of the day. There is a sliding glass door separating the room from the rest of the store and the room can only be entered by permission.
The store owners and the help are all trained by the rescue as far as applications and paperwork is concerned before a kitten is released. Very impressive.

o

luv the photo, that's a cute one. Wish I could bring it home.

There is a vet's office in our small, local shopping center and they seem to be part of a cat rescue program. They have adoptable kittens showcased in the "store" window. A note says that they have had all their shots and been spayed. There seems to be a regular turnover of kitties. I hope they have been adopted
Just another way to save the kitties.

o

Our vet too has most days a cat/cats in a larger cage just off the waiting area, waiting to be adopted. Great that two are already adopted, I bet the boys find a home soon also.

My son found on Thursday a pitbull puppy, obviously abandoned, took it to a vet, no id, skinny and beating marks. He got it his shots after a thorough exam and test.
Took it home and put a picture on his faceboiok page . It was picked up yesterday evening by one of his friends. He has now a big yard, 2 canine friends to play with and an owner who realy loves dogs.

o

anneliese, Thanks for sharing the story about your son and the pitbull puppy. Cudos to your son for rescuing the puppy and finding it a home via Facebook.
Lol, I guess we are somewhere between "How much is that puppy in the window"? (remember that song?) and social media. Interesting,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here