Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monday's Musin'

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 17:26

It's been interesting weather these last few days. Up until last Friday we were still having upper 90 degree weather. Yesterday the tropical depression from the South met up and combined with a cold front from the north. 6 or so inches of rain and the temp has barely made it into the 70's. That will be our highs for the week. Lows will be in the 50's. Right now it is 61. After seemingly interminable days of high 90's and lows of 80. Methinks that fall has finally arrived in these parts. Soggy it is.

The puppies are 3 weeks old today and have had their eyes opened for several days. They toddle about, finding their sea legs. They have began to play with each other. Puppy barks are charming. They will be medium to large dogs. Will have to move them to a protected outside place in about a week. All pups and momma dog are doing fine. Beauregard and Angel are adjusting.

Looking forward to fall weather and events. Thought this summer would never end. Now that the sun is shining into the depths of the sunroom my window farming should take off. The cool weather crops should do well. T'will be nice this winter to have fresh lettuce, herbs, and other greens. That's one way to deal with the mental doldrums that is winter. But I'm getting ahead of myself, there is all of fall to enjoy yet. Yes it is fall; hallowe'en candy and displays are in the stores.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monday's Musin'

Would enjoy seeing some pictures of the pups.

o

Isn't that weather crazy? Saturday 102, Sunday 95, today 61. We also had rain Sunday afternoon and during the night, all of 0.15" and 0.09 in Aug.
We need puppy pictures, please, pretty please!

o

Soon as I get better pics than I have taken. This ipod touch doesn't have a flash. It takes pictures in low light but they're not that good. This is from a week ago, aged two weeks. And yes, she does have faucets for eight.

Photobucket

o

They want me to snuggle right up to them an go back to sleep too on this cool morning.

o

AW! Nice babies. 4-ish inches of rain, most of it, seemingly, inside my car. Ah, the joys of a convertible.

o

Great looking pups. Weather here is in the high 90s to 100s this week with thunder storms more inland. High fire warnings could catch us up to Texas if it happens.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 15:45

Low lighting or not, those puppies look very sweet and *cuddly*. Glad Mama gets some nap time, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here