o
Hot here

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 17:35

Here is wunderground image

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot here

It's a balmy 92 here, doesn't Nature know we are going toward fall? Hot enough and dry enough, I am running low on water, Joann and I coordinate who does what as far as laundry and dish-washer goes, I am letting the garden go - friends have given us so much produce, no sense in watering to get more squash.

o

Are we living in the same state? It was 73 degrees here until about 12 noon and now it's 78 and very pleasant.

o

Want to move north.

o

WG - you live in the Bay
Area, it always is cooler there, isn't it? And you get fog sometimes.

o

No, thank you Don, I don't want it. It's finally getting cooler here. Right now we have 68 degr. Has been a long time since we had that temperature in the evening.

o

lilo, if
I could write a poem, it would be about our weather.
Yes, it's cool, warm, hot, foggy, but it is balanced.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 21:33

Oh Don, That's really bummy weather! I'm sorry you have to endure that heat. Our area has just begun to cool down a little, but today was in the low 80s again. That doesn't sound so bad, but the humidity and dew point were high, and made it seem very uncomfortable--for me, anyway. But cooler weather is definitely coming; one day next week, the high temp is supposed to be only 73 degrees. I can hardly wait!!

o

Don, if I could send you and Missy some of our present Shenandoah Valley WX, I would!

You guys are really suffering in that stuff----AND the animals, also!
That always worries me the most----the animals...
Wild or domesticated.

We really suffered in July, especially----98--99 with heat index up to 107 depending on humidity---which VA has LOTS of!----Day after sweltering day, for weeks on end.

It just about did me in!

But, NOW, it's in the 40's at night and 70's and 80's during the day----I feel alive again!

Just try to hang in there and try not to talk to anyone too much----nobody can be coherant in heat like you're having!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here