Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I didn't expect that.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 3, 10 at 17:50

Leone here. The furnace kicked in this early morning, thermostat was set for 50 degrees for summer. Television said we had a low of 38 degrees this AM with pockets of frost scattered in the hills. Too darn early , think we ran the AC maybe 5 times this summer. I know George got up and got a blanket last night , don't know why he didn't just shut the windows but the blanket felt good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I didn't expect that.

Leone, I agree,"with pockets of frost scattered in the hills. Too darn early ,". But I sure enjoy cool/cold nights and mornings. Getting the blanket was a good thing.

o

I would love to send you about 20 degrees heat, but East to West just does not work very well. It's still too hot here. If we could have stored all the excess heat we would not have a heating bill this winter.

o

Thanks Leone, I woke up to 68 F this morning and the high is supposedly about 75 degr. Tomorrow it goes higher again and during the week over 90, but I appreciate the one day.

o

Supposed to be 52 in the morning her in North Georgia.
We'll be turning on the electric blanket.
Fall is upon us.

o

Transition time, from one extreme to the other, Mother Nature has puberty in spring, menopause in fall :)

o

Different trade off Summer and Winter.

o

Lilo! LOLOLOL What a perfect description of the seasons. A few days ago it was ninety five degrees and last night it was ten degrees above freezing.

o

Oh how I wish Keith would sleep with the windows open. I miss that more than anything else from my childhood. I'd much rather the room be cold, and have a ton of blankets on top, than to have a warm room and just use a sheet.

I do so love a nice opened-up house.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 12:31

I am with you, Tisha, I like the room dark and cool/cold for sleeping - would be nice to have instant warm upon arising LOL - and need air/open windows in the daytime, if at all possible

o

If fall is "menopause," bring on the hot flashes!

o

I'm with you, Tisha, in wanting a cold sleeping room.

jazmynsmom, nah, you don't want the "hot flashes" re menopause. If you think the external heat of summer is hot and welcome,the hot flashes generated by menopause can be hot as h@ll and generated within you own body. I find it amazing that a body can generate that much heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here